Installation & Activation
The installation of CRM Quick Quote Add-On consists of the typical process of importing a managed solution to Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
If you are not familiar with proces, please refer to Microsoft Dynamics CRM Customer Center.
- To be able to use the Add-On, Silverlight is required to be installed. You can check if you have Silverlight, or install it on www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/.
- During installation, if asked, check the field “Activate any processes and enable any SDK message processing steps included in the solution.”.
- Installation can end up with warnings. A warning usualy doesn't mean anything to concern. Eg. it can be caused by not exactly matching set of languages in the installation package and your instance of CRM.
- After import, CRM Quick Quote is ready for use (in trial mode limited to up to three items). You can find the Add-On by opening a form of a corresponding entity (quote, opportunity, or order) in your CRM.
Activation of the license
- Run Quick Quote Add-On: Open a quote in your CRM. Scroll the window down or click on the Quick Quote section label in the top part of the left navigation pane.
- Activation (filling a license number or changing it) can be done by clicking on the word "Activate" on the colored picture in the right top corner of the Add-On. (This task can be done only by System Administrator.)
Copy Organization name and send it along with the request for the activation in the shopping process.
- The Organization Unique Name can also be found directly in CRM: Settings - Customization - Developer Resources
- When you receive your license number, fill it into the empty field and click on Save.
- Then, it is necessary to activate Quick Quote Add-On for specific users. (An organization can buy less user licenses than the total number of its CRM users. By allowing Quick Quote, you choose which users are allowed to use it.)
In the Settings section, click on Administration, then click on Users. Double-click on the user, who will use the Quick Quote Add-On. Click on Quick Quote section label in the top left part of the window. You will see the option Quick Quote is enabled; choose Yes. Then, click on Save & Close.
- We hope you will enjoy using our Add-On!
Installation of a new version
A new version of the Add-On can be installed without removing the former one. The upgrade process is identical to the installation process described in the top of this page.
If you need to uninstall the Add-On, it is the typical process of removing solutions in Microsoft CRM as well.
- Choose the Settings section ; then click on Solutions.
- Select Quick Quote in the list of solutions and click on Delete.
- Follow the process through dialog windows and wait for uninstallation to be complete.
If you stop using the Add-On entirely, let us know what we can do better. Your feedback is important to us.